Students interested in Drama can become involved through the curriculum or by participation in a number of co-curricular activities.
PLC Sydney offers students a number of other opportunities to get involved in Drama through our lunchtime Drama Ensembles (non-audition). These provide students in Years 7 to 12 with the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of drama and collaborate with like-minded peers.
- Junior Drama Club (Years 7–9): This Club seeks to develop skills, confidence and prepares students for elective Drama study and various performance projects.
- The Senior Drama Club (Years 10–12): This Club focuses on preparing students for special projects and competitions as well as work shopping current classroom or external performance work.
- Theatresports Club (Years 10–12 and Year 9 from Term 2): This Club will prepare students for the expanding improvisation opportunities that are now on offer. These include the Carlton Cup, The Inner West Cup, Scots Theatresports Jam, Off Broadway Cup and the large Impro Australia Competition.
The College produces three major productions each year (via audition), they are:
- PLC Sydney Musical – Years 7 to 12 students; performances are at the beginning of Term 2. Auditions are held in Term 3 of the previous year.
- PLC Sydney Play – Years 7 to 11; performances are at the end of Term 4. Auditions are held in Term 3 of the previous year.
- Drama Company Production (a new initiative) has been created for students who love to collaborate and innovate through the medium of Drama. Company is for students who are passionate about the theatre and developing cutting edge work. Students will work with a member of the Drama staff, as well as industry professionals to create a dynamic and original production. There will be a Junior Company (Years 7–9) and Senior Company (Years 10–11). The Company Production will take place at the start of Term 3.
If you would like to find out any further information about Drama at PLC Sydney, please contact:
Ms Jodi McCarthy
Performing Arts Administrator
McKeith Arts Centre
T: (+612) 9704 5651