There are a number of squads available to swimmers.
- Mini Squad (A,B &C levels): Developing strokes and confidence. Focus is on building skills and techniques.
- Junior Development: Developing all 4 strokes. Focus is on skills and technique and a minimum of 2 training sessions per week are required.
- Target: Swimmers attend at least 3 sessions per week and strong in all 4 strokes. They are encouraged to join PLC Sydney Swim Club
- Rep: Competitive swimmers attending at least 3-4 sessions per week and a member of PLC Sydney Swim Club.
- Senior Squad: Improve fitness and cross training for all sports.
- Metro Squad: For those swimmers who are competing at Metro level.
- State Squad: For swimmers competing at State level.
- National Squad: For swimmers competing at a national level.
Our pathways reflect the competition structure developed by Swimming Australia and Swimming NSW. The National & the NSW pathways are strongly supported by training models primarily focussed on the needs of developing swimmers with the aim of creating long term growth.
Fees charged through tuition and usage of the Aquatic Institute are modest and are intended to cover expenses involved in the classes and squads that are conducted here. No commercial gain is achieved through these activities.