Year 7 - Year 12 Music Scholarships
APPLICATIONS FOR the 2020 YEAR 7 - 12 MUSIC SCHOLARSHIP are now open
This scholarship is awarded to one new applicant per annum who plays either the Double Bass, Bassoon, Oboe, French Horn or Tuba.
This scholarship entitles the holder to the remission of tuition fees only (part or full) for up to six years from Years 7-12. Scholarships do not cover textbooks, uniforms, excursions, technology fees, individual subject fees or boarding fees.
If a scholarship is offered, written acceptance of the scholarship must be received accompanied by a completed PLC Sydney Confirmation of Enrolment Form, payment of the non-refundable Registration Fee of $440 and payment of the non-refundable Enrolment Fee of $3 175.
Once a scholarship has been awarded all applicants will be notified.
Please note: Scholarships are open to Australian residents only.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
The PLC Sydney Music Scholarship is a scholarship awarded to an outstanding musician who distinguishes herself through her schooling. Selected candidates will be invited to audition. To be eligible, high passes in AMEB or equivalent are required in one of the following instruments:
Strings - Double Bass Grade V - VI
- Brass/Woodwind - Bassoon, Oboe, French Horn, or Tuba suggested Grade V
Students who gain a scholarship are expected to:
- Monday 4 February 2019 at midnight - Applications close
- During Term 1 2019 - Shortlisted candidates are contacted for audition times and dates
- Late Term 1 2019 - Shortlisted candidates are contacted for an interview
- Term 1 2020 - The Recipient of the scholarship starts school
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit both the PLC Sydney Scholarship application form (including copies of the applicant's most recent school reports, NAPLAN results and other supporting documentation listed on the application form) and the PLC Sydney Music Scholarship application form.
Click here to apply for the 2020 Year 7 to Year 12 Music Scholarship
Only shortlisted candidates are required to audition. Students are required to:
- Perform two contrasting pieces on their chosen instrument. If a candidate is able to perform on a second instrument, they may be requested to play one extra piece on the second instrument. Voice may be used as a second instrument.
- Answer questions based on aural tests at instrument level.
- Sight read music on chosen instrument.
- Sing a small folk song or short song unaccompanied.
If an accompanist is required for your performance, you may use the College’s accompanist or organise your own.
The College accompanist can be booked by calling +612 9704 5651 and there is a $20 fee which includes a rehearsal and the audition. Music must be emailed to Ms Jodi McCarthy email@example.com as soon as the Accompanist is booked.
For more information regarding the Year 7 - Year 12 Music Scholarship please contact:
Mrs Sabita Mathews
T: +61 2 9704 5625