Goodlet Legacy Junior School Music Scholarship
APPLICATIONS FOR The 2020 Goodlet Legacy Junior School MUSIC SCHOLARSHIP ARE NOW CLOSED
This scholarship is available for Year 3 students to enter PLC Sydney from Year 4 onwards. It will be awarded to up to three applicants per annum. Applications are open to both new and current PLC Sydney students.
This scholarship entitles the holder to the remission of tuition fees only (part or full) up to nine years from Years 4-12. Scholarships do not cover textbooks, uniforms, excursions, technology fees, individual subject fees or boarding fees.
If a scholarship is offered, written acceptance of the scholarship must be received accompanied by a completed PLC Sydney Confirmation of Enrolment Form, payment of the non-refundable Registration Fee of $440 and payment of the non-refundable Enrolment Fee of $3 175 (for external students only).
Once a scholarship has been awarded all applicants will be notified.
Please note: Scholarships are open to Australian residents only.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
PLC Sydney Music Scholarships are scholarships awarded to outstanding musicians who distinguishes herself through her schooling. Selected candidates will be invited to audition. To be eligible, high passes in AMEB or equivalent are required in one of the following instruments:
Strings - Violin/Viola/Cello Minimum B+ Second grade / Double Bass B+ 1st Grade
- Brass/Woodwind and Percussion - Second grade standard
Students who gain a scholarship are expected to:
- Participate in the full music program offered at PLC Sydney.
- Participate in at least two ensembles at the College and to commit to all required performances for these ensembles throughout the year.
- Mentor other students and show leadership and initiative.
- Selected scholars may be invited to join PLC Sydney ensembles.
- Full participation in the Elective Music Program from Year 9 to Year 12.
- Music Scholars are also required to perform regularly, both solo and ensemble, in concerts out of school hours.
Friday 24 May 2019 at 4.00 pm - Applications Close
- During Term 2 2019 - Shortlisted candidates are contacted for audition and interview dates and times
- Term 1 2020 - The successful candidate starts school
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit both the PLC Sydney Scholarship application form ( including copies of the applicant's most recent school reports, NAPLAN results and other supporting documentation listed on the application form) and the PLC Sydney Music Scholarship application form.
Applications for the 2020 Goodlet Legacy Junior School Music Scholarship are now closed
Only shortlisted candidates are required to audition. Students are required to:
- Perform two contrasting pieces on their chosen instrument. If a candidate is able to perform on a second instrument, they may be requested to play one extra piece on the second instrument. Voice may be used as a second instrument.
- Answer questions based on aural tests at instrument level.
- Sight read music on chosen instrument.
- Sing a small folk song or short song unaccompanied.
If an accompanist is required for your performance, you may use the College’s accompanist or organise your own.
The College accompanist can be booked by calling +612 9704 5651 and there is a $20 fee which includes a rehearsal and the audition. Music must be emailed to Ms Jodi McCarthy firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as the Accompanist is booked.
For more information regarding the Goodlet Legacy Junior School Music Scholarship please contact:
Ms Jodi McCarthy
T: +61 2 9704 5651