Year 7 Academic Scholarships
APPLICATIONS FOR YEAR 7 2022 AcER SCHOLARSHIPS are now OPEN
Year 7 Academic Scholarships for entry in 2022 are open to new applicants and existing PLC Sydney students.
Please note: Scholarships are open to Australian Permanent Residents ONLY. You will be required to provide documentation supporting your Australian residency.
This scholarship entitles the holder to the remission of tuition fees only (part or full) for six years from Years 7-12. Scholarships do not cover textbooks, uniforms, excursions, technology fees, individual subject fees or boarding fees.
All applicants must register to sit the ACER examination on Saturday 20 February 2021.
Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted towards the end of Term 1, 2021.
If a scholarship is offered, written acceptance of the scholarship must be accompanied by a completed PLC Sydney Enrolment Application, together with payment of the non-refundable registration fee of $440 and the non-refundable PLC Sydney Enrolment Fee of $3 175 (if the applicant is new to the College).
Once scholarships have been awarded all applicants will be notified.
Wednesday 10 February 2021 - ACER online registrations close
- Wednesday 10 February 2021 at midnight - Completion of PLC Sydney Academic Scholarship application form (including supporting documentation) close
- Week commencing 15 February 2021 - applicants will be sent an email confirming the details for the test day. Please ensure the email address firstname.lastname@example.org is marked in your email as a safe sender
- Saturday 20 February 2021 - Sit the ACER Scholarship Examination
- Towards End Term 1 2021 - Shortlisted candidates contacted for interview time and date
How to Apply
- Complete the PLC Sydney Scholarship application form and attach the applicant’s most recent School Report, Year 3 NAPLAN results, Birth Certificate/Australian residency documents and any other documents that support her academic achievements
- Complete the ACER online registration for PLC Sydney
- Sit the ACER Scholarship examination on Saturday 20 February 2021.
Please ensure you submit both the PLC SYDNEY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION and the ACER ONLINE REGISTRATION when applying.
Important Information regarding COVID-19
PLC Sydney follows the COVID-19 guidelines provided by NSW Health. We will provide specific information about the arrangements for the test day in the confirmation email that will be sent to applicants in the week commencing 15 February 2021. Please ensure the email address email@example.com is marked in your email as a safe sender.
Click here to apply for the 2022 Year 7 PLC Sydney Scholarships
Click here for ACER scholarship registration.
For more information about ACER scholarship examinations, please click here to visit the ACER website.
If you have any questions or would like more information about the Year 7 Academic Scholarship, please contact:
Ms Stephanie Cannon