2019 HSC Highlights
- 51% of PLC Sydney students were in the top 10% of the State
- 9% of PLC Sydney students (12 students) were in the top 1% of the State
- 2 students achieved the highest ATAR of 99.95
- PLC Sydney ranked 20th in the State (SMH ranking - 21st in 2017, 17th in 2018)
- 5 students were named in the Top Achievers List (i.e. they earned top 20 places in individual subjects)
- 19 students were named in the All-rounder Achievers List (i.e. scored over 90% in every subject)
PLC Sydney's HSC Highlights for 2019 include:
Forty-six students across NSW (sixteen of whom were girls), achieved the top ATAR of 99.95. Two of these students attended PLC Sydney. Over the past two years, 33 girls have achieved 99.95. Five of these students attended PLC Sydney.
Congratulations to Ziyi (Ally) Que and Ye (Linzy) Zhao, who each achieved ATARs of 99.95. These are exceptional results and extremely well-deserved.
Furthermore, the following students achieved ATARs over 99.0 (top 1% of the State): Angeni Bai, Eleanor Clifton-Bligh, Tay Ting Hei Leung, Xi (Wendy) Lin, Christina Shi, Claire Shi, Ruier (Sherry) Xue, Na (Lynne) Zhao and Grace Zhu.
TOP ACHIEVERS IN COURSE LIST
- The following students gained places in the Top Achievers in Course List (placing in the top 20 students in the State in their different subjects):
- Claire Shi (Visual Arts) - equal 2nd
- Leah Flanagan (Mathematics Standard 2) - equal 5th
- Ye (Linzy) Zhao (English EAL/D) - 5th
- Ziyi (Ally) Que (English EAL/D) - 6th
- Tingxuan (Cheryl) Lyu (English EAL/D) - 9th
ALL-ROUND ACHIEVERS LIST
- Nineteen (19) students were recognised on the All-round Achievers List (achieving more than 90% in all their courses ie the highest band possible in at least 10 units)
Congratulations go to: Angeni Bai, Elisheva Biernoff-Giles, Eleanor Clifton-Bligh, Leah Flanagan, Ayo Jacobe, Anna Le, Tay Leung, Vanessa Lin, Xi (Wendy) Lin, Tingxuan (Cheryl) Lyu, Ziyi (Ally) Que, Alexandra Raleigh, Lara Ralph, Christina Shi, Claire Shi, Ruier (Sherry) Xue, Na (Lynne) Zhao, Ye (Linzy) Zhao and Grace Zhu.
PLC SYDNEY OUTSTANDING OVERALL RESULTS
- Our school mean, per unit, was 42.5 out of 50 (which means that the average mark received by PLC Sydney students in the HSC was 85 out of 100, gained across all courses).
- Band 6 results (marks over 90) or equivalents in Extension courses were achieved in 35.7% of all examinations sat by PLC Sydney students, in all subjects.
We have had a number of students achieving excellence in particular areas.
- 59% of our students achieved a mark over 90 in English EAL/D with three positions in the top 10 in the State
- 25% of our students achieved a mark over 90 in English (Advanced)
- 90% of our students achieved a mark over 80
- In Extension 1 English 74% of students achieved over 90 and 100% achieved a mark over 80
- In Extension 2 English 18% achieved over 90 and 100% achieved a mark over 80.
- 46% of our students achieved a mark over 90 in Mathematics and 69% over 80 with two students achieving marks of 100
- In Extension 1 Mathematics 55% of students achieved over 90
- In Extension 2 Mathematics 30% of students achieved over 90 with the highest marks in recent history of 99, 98, 97, 95 and 93
- Twenty students (83%) of our Year 11 Mathematics accelerants achieved excellent Band 6 results inthe 2 unit paper
- Fifteen students (88%) achieved E4 (the top band) in the Extension 1 paper.
- 37% of our students achieved a mark over 90 in Biology and 71% over 80
- 58% of our students achieved a mark over 90 in Chemistry and 92% over 80
- 63% of our students achieved a mark over 90 in Physics and 79% over 80
- In the new Extension Science course, 50% of our students achieved a mark over 90 and 100% a mark over 80.
HSC SHOWCASES AND EXHIBITIONS
- OnSTAGE: Individual Drama Performances Nominated: Elisheva Biernoff-Giles, Anastasia Graham, Sophie Montague, Alexandra Raleigh and Lucie Roberts
- OnSTAGE: Group Drama Performances Nominated: Elisheva Biernoff-Giles, Sophie Montague, Alexandra Raleigh and Lucie Roberts; Rejheki Bone, Zoe Castorina, Anastasia Graham, Kate Shanahan, Marinella Tsaroumis and Madison Yazbek; Alannah Bailey, Briana Neowhouse, Michelle Smith and Nairie Tzakos.
- Selected: Elisheva Biernoff-Giles, Sophie Montague, Alexandra Raleigh and Lucie Roberts
- OnSTAGE: Director's Portfolio. Nominated: Yashica Moodley
- Selected: Yashica Moodley
- ENCORE: (Music) Nominated: Vanessa Lin, Sophie Montague, Lucie Roberts and Grace Zhu
- ARTEXPRESS: Nominated Berry Fei, Gabrielle Hawkey, Eva He, Lara Ho, Sarah Ong , Ziyi (Ally) Que, Samantha Rorie, Claire Shi and Jasmin Wiesner.
- SHAPE (Formerly DesignTech): Nominated: Clair Brown, Hemans Chan, Esther Rutherford and Sylvia Zhang
- TEXSTYLE: Textiles and Design Exhibition: Nominated Sylvia Zhang
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!