PLC Sydney is proud of its generous and extensive exchange program.
Our students are provided with rich opportunities to extend themselves as global citizens through our International Exchange Program.
In 2018 PLC Sydney is offering up to 81 subsidised exchange places to the following countries:
- Brazil (4 - 5)
- China (3 - 4)
- Denmark (up to 10)
- England: three schools: Bristol (2), Lancaster (3 - 4) and Isle of Man (2)
- France (6 - 8)
- Germany (6 - 8)
- Hong Kong (2-3)
- Italy (6 - 8)
- Japan (8 - 10)
- New Zealand (3 - 4)
- Scotland (2)
- South Africa (2-3)
- The Netherlands (2)
- Vietnam (3 - 4)
Our Overseas Student Exchange Program offers two types of exchange
1. Language Exchanges where students have studied the relevant language and will be, or intend, continuing with this language in Year 11, and
2. Cultural Exchanges, where language study is not a prerequisite.
The International Exchange Program is supported with financial assistance from the PLC Sydney Foundation.
The Program benefits students by:
- promoting intercultural understanding.
- developing friendships across diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- developing a sense of international citizenship.
- enhancing foreign language study.
- fostering a commitment to the principles of peace, social justice and mutual respect.
Hosting Exchange Students
We have maintained positive working relationships with partner schools over many years providing a degree of security and superior level of risk management.
An important feature of the exchange program is its reciprocal nature. This means that all parents or guardians of exchange students must also commit to hosting an exchange student in their home for the full duration of her stay at PLC Sydney. This applies even if your daughter is a boarder at PLC Sydney.
Please note that due to recent government regulation changes, all parents and/or adults hosting exchange students for a period of greater than three (3) weeks, must have a working with children check. For more information about how to apply for your Working with Children Clearance, please click here.
Once your application has been processed, you will be provided with a clearance number. You must provide this WWC check clearance number to PLC Sydney, with proof of your date of birth and photographic proof of your identity. PLC Sydney will then check the validity of the clearance and the approval process will be complete.
Click here to download the 2018 International Exchange Brochure, (PDF 294.6KB) containing detailed information about the program.
If you would like to find out any further information about our International Exchange Program, please click here, or contact:
Mrs Suellen White
Director of International Studies
Tel: (+612) 9704 5673