PLC Sydney students strive to be the best version of themselves, demonstrating reverence to God, wisdom in the world and service to others.
Our Service Learning programs aims to promote active student engagement in the community – local, national and international.
Through the Service Learning program, students at PLC Sydney are encouraged to reach out to those in need of support.
Our comprehensive program includes:
- Community projects - Each year group from Kindergarten to Year 12 focuses on one or more projects, learning about the needs of the community involved and organising fundraising initiatives.
- International projects – The opportunity to learn and serve in a developing country.
- Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme – Internationally recognised award scheme to develop new skills and experience adventure. To find out more about our Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme, please click here.
- East Timor Committee – Fundraising committee for Year 10 students to support two pre-schools in East Timor. To find out how to become involved with our East Timor Program, please click here.
- Pet Show – Fundraising committee for Year 9 students to support Guide Dogs NSW/ACT.
- Vietnam Support Committee – Year 11 fundraising committee to support orphanages in Vietnam. To find out how to become involved with our Vietnam Program, please click here.
- Daily Service – Students are provided opportunities to serve others through the daily life of the College, including welcoming visitors, conducting tours, serving on the roundabout - welcoming Junior School students to school, conducting stalls, organising events, running assemblies and special service learning projects.