NSW All Schools Athletics Championships
A number of PLC Sydney athletes had a superb four days at the 2017 NSW All Schools Athletics Championships which were held at Sydney Olympic Park from 12-15 October.
1. Abi Stevanovic (Year 10) - NSW 100m Hurdles and 200m Hurdles Champion.
2. Sarah Clifton-Bligh (Year 8) - Gold in the 12-15 Years 100m, 200m, 800m, Shot Put and Discus.
A number of students picked up medals with three girls crowned state champions for 2017.
NSW All Schools Medallists:
- Bronte Prentice (Year 7) - Gold in the 12 Years Hammer Throw
- Sarah Clifton-Bligh (Year 8) - Gold in the 12-15 Years 100m, 200m, 800m, Shot Put, Discus, wheelchair category
- Jasmine Higgs (Year 8) - Silver in the 14 Years Shot Put
- Abi Stevanovic (Year 10) - Gold and new record holder in the 15 Years 200m Hurdles and gold in the 16 Years 100m Hurdles
Sarah, Abi and Lauren Webber (Year 11) have all been selected in the NSW team to compete at the 2017 Australian All Schools Championships in Adelaide from 8-10 December.
Other students who took part at the Championships were Sofia O’Sullivan (Year 7), Sophie McLachlan (Year 7), Tatyana Ishak (Year 7), Tara Jones (Year 7), Emily Moloney (Year 8), Anna Dowling (Year 9) and Sarah Ong (Year 10).
Over the school holidays, our Rhythmic and Artistic gymnasts travelled to Bendigo to compete in the 2017 National Clubs Championships.
Maia Shannon (Year 8), Marie-Antonette Montuoro (Year 8), Sophia O’Sullivan (Year 7), Claudia Bonaccorso (Year 9) and Maddie Gee (Year 9).
All our Artistic girls made it through to the second day of competition with our Level 5 girls making it through to the Division 1 finals. This was a wonderful result for the girls being their first National Clubs Competition.
In Rhythmics we had some great results and a number of medals. Our Category 3 group consisting of Summer Wanless (Year 7), Linda Wang (Year 9), Emily Nielsen (Year 7) and Jenna Zhang (Year 7) finished 3rd, a wonderful result for the girls first National competition.
Summer Wanless (Year 8), Linda Wang (Year 9), Jenna Zhang (Year 7) and Emily Nielson (Year 7).
Aeroschools National Championships
Congratulations to our Aerobic gymnasts who qualified to compete in the 2017 Aeroschools National Championships. They competed over the holidays with two of our groups taking out gold.
- Level 5 Senior Trio: Grace Kleppich (Year 12), Keira Hajek (Year 12) and Courtney Holley (Year 11) won 1st Place
- Level 5 Senior Pairs: Grace Kleppich (Year 12) and Keira Hajek (Year 12) won 1st place.
Congratulations to our youngest competitors Lefki Papadopoulos (Year 4), Naomi Webb (Year 4) and Chantilly Ho ( Year 4) who competed in their first National competition.
1. Keira Hajek (Year 12) and Grace Kleppich (Year 12).
2. Naomi Webb (Year 4), Chantilly Ho (Year 4) and Lefki Papadopolous (Year 4).
3. Grace Kleppich (Year 12), Keira Hajek (Year 12) and Courtney Holley (Year 11).
Aerobics National Championships
Congratulations to the PLC Sydney gymnasts who were selected to represent NSW at the 2017 National Championships. All the girls did extremely well, gaining experience and competition practice. We had some wonderful results with Selena Kombos (Year 7) and Hanan Doyle (Year 7) finishing 5th after just a few months in the sport. A special mention also to Grace Kleppich (Year 12) who placed 4th in the Senior Individual Level 7 Division and Eleanor Clifton-Bligh (Year 10) who placed 5th in the Level 6 Senior Individual Division. Eleanor Clifton-Bligh and Eleanor Smith (Year 10) also placed 4th in the Level 6 Senior Multiples.
Great work girls, we are very proud of every one of you!
Selena Kombos (Year 7) and Hanan Doyle (Year 7).