Independent School Rowing Association Regatta
The Independent School Rowing Association Regatta was held at Sydney International Regatta Centre (SIRC) on Sunday 20 November 2016. This was the first regatta of the season where our whole team completed and it was our new rowers’ first ever regatta. I would like to express how proud I am of their achievements on this day.
- 1st place to Ellie Taylor (Year 8) in her first ever 500m Para Single Scull.
- 1st place to Bronte Marshall (Year 9) in the 1000m Para Single Scull. Special mention to Ishani Roy (Year 9) who placed 3rd in this event and received her first ever rowing medal.
- 1st place to our Year 8 #2 Quad: Amelie Larsen, Valentina Quiroga, Angie Rofail, Myeisha Taylor and Isabella Cordaro (cox).
- 3rd place to our Year 8 #3 Quad: Sara Fahey, Charlotte Guest, Eva Hopwood, Ashley Hovilai and Jasmine Boyd (cox).
- 3rd place to our Year 10 #3 Quad: Zoe Castorina, Sophie Montague, Sascha Smith, Marie Xistouris and Lucy Froggatt (cox).
- 3rd place to our mixed Year 9 Para Quad: Ishani Roy, Angelina Kaleel, Lauren Webber, Bronte Marshall and Jacqueline Divis (cox).
- 3rd place to our Year 9 #2 Quad: Grace Alleyn, Aja Davidson, Tashiyana McCarthy, Lily Pace and Isabella Cordaro (cox).
It was such an invaluable learning experience for these new crews, with all girls learning a lot about rowing and themselves in the process.
Image: Para scullers Ishani Roy, Eleanor Taylor, Bronte Marshall, Lauren Webber (Year 9)