A huge thank you to the P & F
One of the key partners of PLC Sydney in the development of the new Hamilton building, The Gateway Project, is the Parents and Friends Association (P & F). For the past few years, the P & F has been supporting the learning of the College in wonderful ways such as purchasing new equipment like laser cutters and specialist musical instruments and supporting tours and programs such as the Native Speakers Language Program and the Adelaide Perry Art Prize. This money has been earned at the Open Day and Fair and from other sources such as the Uniform Shop. Simultaneously they have been squirrelling away money to spend on the new Junior School once it is built. Now that it is being constructed the P & F is strongly supporting the Junior School. It has promised $400 000 to spend on:
- Furniture and fittings throughout the classrooms.
- Furnishings for the break-out areas.
- Specialist Science and Technology equipment, in fact the whole set up of these specialist rooms.
- New outdoor play equipment.
- The Native Bee Hotel (for non-stinging bees) – part of our Sustainability Education Program.
- Technology throughout the new rooms.
I wish to express my sincere thanks to everyone who supported a P & F function. All monies – even the surpluses from the Uniform Shop – go back to the education of the girls.
Click here to find out how you can show your support for The Gateway Project
Dr Paul BurgisPrincipal
Image (from left): Dr Paul Burgis, Sandra Magro and Mr Tony Nejasmic .