Big Band Tour of Germany
Image (from left)
1. Big Band standing in front of the famous Barndenburg gates.
2. Students performed at Gymnasium Im Schloss's Sesqui Centenary celebrations.
On 4 September 2016 PLC Sydney Big Band set off on a two week musical adventure of Germany and Prague. Students attended workshops with professional musicians, attended amazing performances and performed along the way. Highlights of the tour were:
- PLC Sydney has a relationship with a school in Wolfenbuttel, Gymnasium Im Schloss. Visiting this school to perform at their Sesqui Centenary celebrations was the main reason for the tour.
- Students recorded six pieces at a professional recording studio and enjoyed a workshop with Australian jazz artist, Richard Maegrath.
- We participated in a workshop at the Berlin Jazz Institute with world class musicians, the Director of the Institute and the Professor of jazz piano.
- The Blue Man Group performance was outstanding. Click here to check out their YouTube channel.
- Six of our musicians were invited to perform with a professional band.
- We performed at the Church of Saint Nicolas.
- Students visited famous music schools in the Czech republic to perform in a joint concert.
Thank you to the girls who conducted themselves brilliantly, the parents who were a great supported and the staff members who ensured things ran smoothly.
Keep an eye out in the next edition of Camphora for further insight into our tour.
Director of Performing Arts