Congratulations to the PLC Sydney swimmers who represented CIS at the NSW All School’s Swimming Championship at Homebush on 18 May.
The Intermediate 4 x 50 m Freestyle Relay Team comprised of Year 11 swimmers Emily Racki, Deborah To, Chloe Yoo and Lauren Mc Dougall (Year 9) won the Gold Medal in record-breaking time. Their time of 1:49:12 broke the record that PLC Swimmers Emily, Deborah, Chloe and Vivian Zhu set last year. The Intermediate 4 x 50 m Medley Relay Team made up of Emily, Deborah, Chloe and Year 10 swimmer Sari Bone also won the Gold Medal, narrowly missing the record.
There were many outstanding individual performances including:
Vivian Zhu (Year 11) who won Gold in the 17-19 years 400 m Freestyle and also Gold in the 17-19 years 200 m Freestyle; and Deborah To who won Gold in the 16 year olds 100 m Backstroke.
The NSW PSG Swim team has just been finalised. Congratulations to the following PLC Sydney swimmers who have been named in the NSWPSG Swim Team (10-19 Years) to compete in Adelaide from 21-29 November 2015: Chloe Yoo (Year 11), Deborah To (Year 11), Emily Racki (Year 11), Karli Musarra (Year 9), Lauren McDougall (Year 9), Lilli Harris (Year 9), Monique Rae (Year 11) and Vivian Zhu (Year 11).
Fourteen PLC Sydney students recently competed in the Sports Aerobics State Trial 2, which was held in Glenwood. This was the first competition of the year with all 14 girls competing extremely well in both the intermediate and beginner levels with our beginners taking to the competition floor for their first time.
Every Aeroschool team placed in the top 3, with some of the highlights of the levels division listed below:
- Courtney Holley (Year 9) – 2nd highest score with blue ribbon in the level 4 individual
- Lucy McSwiggan (Year 9) and Courtney Holley (Year 9) – 2nd place with red ribbon for the level 4 pair
- Jennifer Turner (Year 9) – Eleanor Smith (Year 8) 3rd place and red ribbon for the level 4 pair
- Tia Gallanos (Year 9) – 5th place with a red ribbon level 3 individual
- Erin Foudy (Year 9) and Zoe Pliatsikas (Year 9) 2nd place and green ribbon for level 3 pair
- Laura Brady (Year 9), Tia Gallanos (Year 9), Lily Tyson (Year 9) 3rd place and green ribbon level 3 trio.
Hamilton Junior School Tennis Championships
On Saturday 6 May we held the annual Hamilton Junior School Tennis Championships. The afternoon turned out to be a great success. All girls played extremely well and displayed excellent sportsmanship doing both themselves and their school proud. Thank you to all the girls who participated in the event and to all the parents who came along to show their support throughout the afternoon. Congratulations to Sarah George who was the winner of the singles event and to Jasmine Higgs and Zoe Jewell who won the doubles event.
IGSSA Cross Country
Forty-four PLC Sydney girls competed at the IGSSA Cross Country Championships at Frensham on Friday 15 May 15, placing 15th from 25 schools. On a glorious autumn day the 12 years age group led the way with a gold medal in the teams’ event going to Haley Mills (Year 7), Heidi Watkins (Year 7) and Margaret O’Reilly (Year 7).
Four students produced outstanding individual performances and were rewarded with medals:
- Haley Mills: 2nd, 12 years (Year 7)
- Hannah Moloney: 2nd, 13 years (Year 8)
- Taylor Porter: 3rd, 14 years (Year 8)
- Edwina Hobson: 1st, 18 years (Year 12)
Congratulations go to the following seven girls who qualified for the IGSSA team and will compete at NSWCIS on Thursday June 11: Haley Mills (Year 7), Heidi Watkins (Year 7), Margaret O’Reilly (Year 7), Hannah Moloney (Year 8), Taylor Porter (Year 8), Lauren Wheatley (Year 11) and Edwina Hobson (Year 12).
Rowing in May (Parent Rowing)
Congratulations to all rowers in our Rowing in May program – parents of current rowers, parents of other students, friends and work colleagues of parents and our corporate crew from ACOR Consultants. We greatly appreciate your support and participation in this fantastic rowing opportunity.
Congratulations go to:
- Babes with Blades (our mum’s crew, pictured left) who placed 4th in the D Final with a time of 2 mins 18 secs.
- Strickly Oarsome (our Dad’s crew) who won the C Final in 2 mins and 5 secs.
- Hally’s Com8’s (another Dad’s crew) who qualified for the A Final, placing 6th after some difficult strokes at the beginning of the race.
- AC-OARS (ACOR Consultants) who placed a very close 2nd in the A Final in a time of 1 min and 45.6 secs – less that a second behind first place.
Thank you to the Organising Committee of Michael Wong, Kate Meyer and Jenny Maloof.