Places for the Homework Club in Term 2 are still available.
Fees: Nil. This is a learning opportunity provided by the College. We do however set a maximum number of 27 students in each session and we restrict each student to a maximum of two sessions per week.
Target group: Students from Years 7–10.
Enrolment: Online through the PLC Sydney website.
Venue: The Flight Deck in the Macindoe Research Centre.
Sessions: Monday to Thursday 3.15 pm to 4.30 pm, commencing Monday 20 April.
Staff: Miss Rossides (PLC Sydney Mathematics staff) Monday and Wednesday; Ms Hill (PLC Sydney Teacher/Librarian with skills in English and Humanities) Tuesday and Thursday.
- A quiet, fully supervised area conducive to study.
- Assistance with organisational skills and work prioritisation.
- Support through generalised homework advice.
- Guidance with student research.
- Access to resources.
- Help with establishing an open dialogue with your daughter’s teachers in cases of subject specific difficulties. (The student-teacher relationship is seen as paramount. In assisting open communication between your daughter and her teachers, we aim to empower your daughter to take responsibility for her own learning and enable teachers to better respond to individual student needs).
- Camaraderie between students who have a desire to improve their personal academic performance.
- Enrolment in the Homework Club is a firm commitment to attendance and active involvement. It is not a casual undertaking, nor is it an ‘after school care’ service. Discontinuation with the Homework Club will require a formal process similar to a request for a change in subjects.
- Re-enrolment will be required at the start of each term. Online bookings will open at the end of each term.
- Accurate attendance rolls will be taken. Parents must notify Ms Dale Anthony at: firstname.lastname@example.org in advance if a student is unable to attend on a given day.
- By enrolling your daughter in the Homework Club acceptance of the above terms and conditions is assumed.
If you would like further information, please contact Ms Dale Anthony by phone on 9704 5674 or email at: email@example.com.
To enrol your daughter in the Homework Club, please click here.