Senior Athletics Carnival 2017
The PLC Sydney Senior 2017 Athletics Carnival is on!
Update 4 May: The Carnival will proceed even if there is intermittent rain, as the field is designed to withstand light showers. Please pack warm clothes, a rain jacket and towel, just in case.
Date: Thursday 4 May 2017
Time: 8.30 am - 2.30 pm
Venue: Sydney International Athletics Centre, Homebush
- Trains run to Olympic Park station every 10 minutes from Lidcombe station. Buses are also available from Strathfield and Lidcombe stations.
- Students in Years 7 – 12 are required to be at Homebush by 8.45 am.
- Year 7, Transition class students and all Boarders will be transported to and from the venue by bus.
- Any other students in Years 8-12 who requires transport to and/or from Homebush should go online and complete the online sign-up form. The link will be emailed to students.
- Students catching the bus need to be at school by 8am, buses will depart at 8.15 am
- Buses will be returning to school around 3.00 pm.
All students are required to find their HOUSE PATRON when they enter the main gates of the Athletics Stadium and have their name marked off. Roll marking will commence at 8.30 am, girls must have their name marked off by 8.50 am.
If you are in the first track and field events please be sure you are on the first group of buses leaving school. All boarders should travel on the first buses to Homebush.
There will also be an afternoon roll call before any student may leave.
WHAT TO WEAR:
Full sports uniform to be worn and appropriate running gear – Jeans or thongs are not acceptable. House shirts are also permitted. You can compete in a house shirt.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU GET THERE:
You will need to be at the Stadium by 8.45 am if you are making your own way there. Please assemble in your house area for a roll call by 8:30am, to be completed by 8.50 am. If you are in one of the first track or field events (see program on sports notice board), have your name marked off and then move towards the appropriate marshalling area. The first call for events will be at 8.45 am and competition will commence at 9.00 am sharp. We will not wait for late comers.
WET WEATHER ARRANGEMENTS:
A decision regarding wet weather will be made at 6:30am tomorrow morning. The carnival will only be called off if it is torrential rain.
If the carnival is cancelled, school will go ahead as normal.
Good Luck to all competitors. Have a wonderful day!