This year's Open Day & Fair is on Saturday 11 May 2019 from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm. There are lots of fabulous activities for the whole family to enjoy:
- Fair Stalls and Activities - run by the Parents and Friends' Association, the Fair is the major event for the year to raise funds for the College and the various activities run by the school. We have an abundance of Markets Stalls and Carnival Rides and you can even bid on items at our Silent Auction.
- Open Day Activities - visit classrooms, meet the Principal and take a tour of the College. There are academic displays, sporting events and musical performances throughout the day across both the Junior and Senior Schools.
Click here to download your 2019 Open Day and Fair Program (coming soon)
FAIR STALLS AND ACTIVITIES
Listed below are the 2019 Fair stalls and activities and where they will be located on the day.
EVANDALE KIDS’ CARNIVAL
We are excited to once again bring you the ever colourful Evandale Kids’ Carnival. As always, the focus will be on the younger members of our community and feature an array of kids-themed stalls and activities.
- Craft Stall - A favourite of the Evandale Carnival, this interactive stall is sure to be popular with everyone.
- Decorate a Cupcake, Face Painting and Beauty Salon Stalls - These hugely popular stalls are back this year and guaranteed to be as much fun as last year.
- Rides - this year there will be a special ride area on Drummond Field.
- Live Music - There will be music on hand throughout the day for everyone to enjoy and maybe even have a dance to.
- Sweet Things - We will have a yummy selection of lollies and showbags - buy yourself some special treats! Be sure to get yourself a pack of the limited edition PLC Sydney couture candy!
- Outback BBQ - Sample all your BBQ favourites at its new location on Boundary Street. Start the day with a bacon and egg roll or enjoy our sizzling sausages throughout the day.
- Evandale Cafe - For tea, coffee and homemade treats!
THE JOHN FOLEY ROUNDABOUT
- Gift Baskets - Always a favourite, the Open Day and Fair will again feature, the Gift Basket Stall. We have been collecting goods for a range of themes for our baskets so everyone is catered for. Pop by and pick up one of these delightful gifts.
- Flower Stall
- Devonshire tea and Scones - Throughout the day, you are free to join us in COLLEGE HALL for a calming Devonshire Tea (or coffee if you'd prefer) and scrumptious scones, strawberry jam and cream. $10 per person (pay at the door on the day.) Open from 10.00 am - 3.30 pm. No bookings required!
- Ex-Students Union Stall - Have your photo taken as an old fashion PLC Sydney girl in an old style photo booth! Chat to the Old Girls and pick yourself up a PLC Sydney crested ware item: umbrellas, mugs, stickers and more.
- Easy Oar Café - Meet up with friends and family for a great selection of coffee, tea and hot chocolate, along with a wonderful assortment of homemade cakes and slices. For the athletes in your group, remind them of our annual competition The Minute Erg Challenge at 12.30 - 3.00 pm. Test your skills as we have some great prizes for the Fastest Male and Female Erg Time.
- Second-hand Ski Stall - It’s that time of year again when the weather gets a little cooler and we start thinking about the next big ski trip. Stop by the Second-hand Ski Stall and pick up a set of pre-loved skis, a snowboard or maybe a helmet for the kids.
- Sports Corner - Have a go on a rowing machine and test your fitness.
- Fruit Salad Stall - If you're looking for something light and fresh stop by the Fruit Salad Stall for a tasty and healthy treat.
- Cookie Stall - Satisfy your sweet tooth and sample our delicious cookies.
- Pancake Stall -Support East Timor and enjoy some mini pancakes.
- Little Legs Foundation - Little Legs Foundation is a non for profit organisation, family-based, raising awareness and much needed funds to fight childhood brain cancer. Brain cancer kills more children in Australia than any other disease.
- Other Charity Stalls - TBA
- Silent Auction - Each year, the Fair Committee secure a vast array of items for the Silent Auction ranging from the modestly priced to the big ticket items. PLACE YOUR BID here.
Cake and Treats Stall - Looking for a sweet treat, or perhaps something to serve up on Mother's Day? Stop by the Cake Stall for some delectable baked goodies. This is one of the biggest and most popular stalls at the Fair so don't miss out!
- Science Stall - Come and buy some fun science toys to take home.
- Book Stall - Books, CDs, DVDs, LPs, videos games and board games will be for sale outside Year 5 classrooms.
- Rooftop Café - Escape the Fair for a coffee and sweet treat on the Year 6 rooftop and enjoy the serenity (operated by Spoon & Fork).
CAMPHOR LAUREL TREE
A highlight of the PLC Sydney Open Day and Fair is the selection of international food available. All of our food stalls are run by parents of the school who take delight in showcasing their cultural cuisines and cooking a meal for our guests. It is a unique treat to have available such a range of home-cooked food from so many cultures all under the one big tree.
- Korean BBQ - come and taste our delicious Korean BBQ delights.
- Greek Street Bites - Enjoy flat breads filled with lamb and chicken cooked to traditional methods – a Greek delight and all new this year.
- Taste of Asia - If you want a taste of the best Chinese food in town, look no further! This Taste of Asia Stall is back again to serve our lovely community spring rolls, dumplings with Miss Pang’s well-known magic sauce, our healthy vegetarian fried rice, scrumptious peking duck and finger licking chicken skewers and dim sum!
- Italian Kitchen - Venite a mangiare! Enjoy a selection of pasta, arancini and wood-fired pizza! Don’t forget to come back for dessert with our wonderful gelato stall as well. We have some new flavours and, of course, the old favourites. A presto!
- Curry - Home-made delicious curried delights from the sub-continent. Be sure to get in early so you don't miss out on the most amazing butter chicken and samosas.
- Lebanese Wraps - A Middle Eastern treat in the middle of PLC Sydney. Come and try these delicious wholesome wraps and BBQ delights.
- Gozleme - An Open Day and Fair favourite, try these delicious traditional Turkish pastries with a variety of savoury fillings. Be warned, these are very popular so get in early to avoid missing out.
JD OATES AQUATIC CENTRE – P&F ROOM
- Second-hand Uniform Store - Visit the Second-hand Uniform Stall under the JD Oates Aquatic Centre between 11.30 am - 1.00 pm. We have a plenty of discounted stock, so take advantage and grab some bargains for Winter!
- Toastie Heaven - Delicious Cheese Toastie and other fillings. You can also buy drinks here as well. Yum!
- Race on Rollers, Wheelchair Australia - Here's a rare chance to try out a racing wheelchair in a 60 second sprint. Can you go further than PLC Sydney’s very own T32 wheelchair athlete’s distance of 260 m? It is not as easy as it seems! You will race in a stationary racing wheelchair on rollers. It will be the longest minute you will ever have but it is great fun and offers an insight into the amazing ability of some Australia’s best wheelchair athletes like Angie Ballard, Madison de Rozario and Kurt Fearnley. Participants will be shown how to use the racing wheelchair and be gloved up with special racing gloves. How far can you go? (Check program for times).
- Carnival Rides - Enjoy the thrill of Open Day and Fair on our very popular Carnival Rides. The rides will feature some old favourites and some new surprises. Located on DRUMMOND FIELD and EVANDALE including an animal farm. Purchase Ride Bands.
- Fairy Floss and Snow Cones Stalls - Keep your energy levels up while on Drummond Field!
- PLC Sydney Toy Stall (BRAND NEW ) - Pick up a fun novelty toy from our brand new PLC Sydney Toy Stall!
AUDREY KEOWN THEATRE FOYER
Cupcake Stall - The Cupcake Cottage features a range of gourmet and traditional cupcakes baked and decorated by PLC Sydney Alumni Jessica Lee. Jessica has her own cupcake business Generouslee and as the name suggests, she has been very generous in donating her time and cakes for our event.
MACINDOE RESEARCH CENTRE CAFE STEPS
- Herb and Produce Stall - Call by the Herb Stall for potted herbs to add flavour and goodness to your cooking. The mixed herb planters make great gifts for Mum! Also check out the wonderful selection of home-made preserves. The strawberry and vanilla jam is super delish and you will want to eat the sweet chilli jam on everything!!!! And don't forget your 4 legged friends and pick up a bag of home-made doggie biscuits too!
- Flower and Garden Stall - Visit the famous Flower and Garden Stall provided by the Transition Class. A wonderful range of items awaits you, from fabulous plants and flowers to a huge selection of gifts.
- Vintage and Antique Jewellery - A great place to find that special gift for Mum or even yourself!
- Handmade Craft Stall - Now in its third year, the fabulous Handmade Craft Stall boats aprons, hair accessories, embroidered baby goods, ceramics, jewellery, cards and more!
OPEN DAY ACTIVITIES
Listed below are the 2019 Open Day activities and where they will be located on the day. (We are still working on this list - please check back for more activities and times).
- Science Lab - The science lab will be open to show off what it has to offer.
- Innovation Lab - The Innovation Lab will be open to show off what it has to offer.
- Hamilton Hall - Hamilton Hall will be in use all day.
MACINDOE RESEARCH CENTRE CAFE STEPS
- Invertebrate Display - Check out the local inhabitants in our invertebrate dome.