How You Can Help
Thank you to the many people who have offered their assistance in a variety of ways with the Open Day and Fair.
There is still a lot to do in the lead up to the event and there are many ways to get involved. Please see below.
Things you can do now to help us between now and the Open Day and Fair:
- Gather all your old books, CDs and DVDs for the Second-hand Book Stall
- Start sifting through your recipe books. Closer to the big day, we will ask you to donate a cake, slice, muffins or cupcakes to the ever popular Cake Stall. Prizes will be given for best cakes!
- Basket Stall donations can be taken directly to home rooms so please contribute. As usual we will have a wonderful range of baskets, perfect for Mothers' Day.
- Sponsor a stall.
- Send us something special for the Silent Auction.
- Volunteer by letting us know a time you can help a stall on the day or at a working bee.
Click here to get involved
Collection of items for our ever popular Gift Basket Stall will commence on the first day of Term 2 - Monday 24 April.
To make the gift baskets interesting and enticing, each year group has been allocated a theme. We kindly ask donations are loose items (not made up hampers). These items will be assembled into beautiful hampers by parent volunteers during the week prior to the fair.
Please note, we can not accept Easter eggs or alcohol. Also, please ensure all food items have an expiry date of at least three months or more.
- PK & K Sweet Tooth (chocolates, artisan sweet treats, lollies, cookies, biscuits – no Easter eggs please)
- Years 1 & 2 Relaxation (pamper packs, scented candles, essential oils, bath salts, body lotions, perfumes, hand creams, facial masks, bath bombs, specialty soaps)
- Years 3 & 4 Tea/Coffee break (tea cups, mugs, gourmet and herbal teas, gourmet coffee, tea pots, tea infusers)
- Years 5 & 6 MasterChef (gourmet food, gourmet condiments, aprons, oven mitts, specialty ingredients, jams, preserves, sauces, infused oils, vinegars, gluten free items – no alcohol please)
- Years 7 & 8 Kitchen (cookware, kitchenware, tea towels, recipe books, notebooks, stationary, utensils, china, baking items)
- Year 9 Sweet Tooth (chocolates, artisan sweet treats, lollies, cookies, biscuits – no Easter eggs please)
- Year 10 Relaxation (pamper packs, scented candles, essential oils, bath salts, body lotions, perfumes, hand creams, facial masks, bath bombs, specialty soaps)
- Year 11 Tea/Coffee break (tea cups, mugs, gourmet and herbal teas, gourmet coffee, tea pots, tea infusers)
- Year 12 MasterChef MasterChef (gourmet food, gourmet condiments, aprons, oven mitts, specialty ingredients, jams, preserves, sauces, infused oils, vinegars, gluten free items – no alcohol please)
COLLECTION OF DONATIONS
- Junior School – items can be placed in boxes outside each classroom from Monday 24 April until Thursday 4 May.
- Senior School – please take items to the Senior School reception prior to Thursday 4 May.
- A special collection point for large items will be at the Roundabout on Wednesday 3 May prior to the start of school.
We will be holding the following working bees and would appreciate volunteers to assist with gift basket assembly, wrapping, faux flower making etc.
- Date: 8.30 am to 1.30 pm on Wednesday 3 May, Thursday 4 May, Friday 5 May
- Contact: Stacey Toskas on 0412 095 174 or email: email@example.com
- Location: Old Canteen near Drummond Fields
Date: Friday 12 May (from 9.00 am)
Meet at School Reception between 8.30 am and 9.00 am.
The sale of all Second-hand uniform items will be available at the Open Day and Fair from 10.30 am to 1.00 pm. Please note that the Second-hand Shop is located next door to the J D Oates Aquatic Centre.
This sale will be the last opportunity this term to pick up any items for the winter school uniform, which is required from Term 2. A special reminder also that the music uniform must be worn for the Music Festival in June and that all winter sports require the correct attire to be worn. The next sale will be early in Term 3. Date TBA.
If you wish to sell clothing on consignment, each and every item must be securely labelled with a Consignment Label.
Download the Second-hand Uniform Consignment Labels here. (PDF 80.4KB)
Please leave items at either of the following collection points: Mrs Mary Tabuatamata, at the Glencorse Uniform Store or with Mrs Rosemary Tarpey, at the Visitors’ Reception and Enquiries Office by Tuesday 9 May. Sales are not available from the collection points. For further information regarding all second-hand sales, please contact the Second-hand Uniform Coordinator, Photini Christoforou, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are involved in, or have a connection to a business, which may have an exciting silent auction prize then please come forward and let us know. The list of items available for auction is steadily growing but we are looking for more. Find us something interesting and unique, such as access to a sold-out event, behind-the-scenes tours or lessons with a sporting pro.
For more information about the Silent Auction, please contact us at: email@example.com
Every year we rely on parents and local businesses to come forward and sponsor stalls. Each stall is required to cover costs such as face paints, signage and food. Sponsorship goes a long way to covering these expenses and helping the stall raise funds. If you are helping on a stall or know someone who is coordinating, come forward and make a donation of a minimum of $250 (of course we would be happy to accept larger sponsorships). You can choose to remain anonymous or otherwise be recognised for the contribution.
For more information, please contact Tony Nejasmic at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0404 873 742.
Cake Stall Donations
Support the PLC Sydney Open Day and Fair with a contribution towards the Cake Stall. Cake boxes will be distributed to all girls and we would appreciate your donation of any cakes, slices or biscuits.
Due to allergies in the school community we do ask that donations do not include nuts. All donations should include a list of ingredients on the outside of the cake box.
Once again, we will be offering prizes for the best decorated cakes. There will be a class prize awarded to the Evandale and Hamilton classes who provide the most cakes. There are also individual prizes for the 'Best Decorated Cake' from Evandale and Hamilton. If you would like to enter your cake in the competition, please write the student’s name and class on the cake box.
Cakes should be delivered to the Boarders’ Veranda on Friday 12 May prior to the start of school. We will also accept cakes on the day. Cakes that require refrigeration should be delivered on the morning of the Open Day and Fair. Thank you for your contribution.
If you would like to make additional donations, spare cake boxes will be available from the offices at Evandale and Hamilton.
We are looking for volunteers to help with the packaging and pricing of cakes on Friday 12 May from 8.30 am. If you are able to assist, please contact Kirsten Castorina at: email@example.com
Second-hand Book, CD and DVD Stall Donations
The Second-hand Book, CD and DVD will be collecting items for sale from Wednesday 26 April, so please take time to look at your bookshelves, CD and DVD collections and donate any unwanted items. Please drop off any donations to the Boarders’ Veranda (in boxes) or at the School Shop.
Second-hand Ski and snowboard sale
We will be offering tables to families who may have second-hand ski equipment and clothing for sale. If you would like to sell items please contact Mel Johnston at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-Purchase High Tea Tables
The High Tea in College Hall is one of the most popular Fair activities each year now. The event is bound to be even more popular in 2017 as parents and students alike will be keen to sit and relax with a cup of tea, delightful treats and the sounds of our own PLC Sydney musicians. Tickets can be pre-ordered and paid for online and will be available for pick up from the School Shop in Term 2.
If you are willing to help out in the lead up to the day, please contact Leigh McCluskie on email@example.com
Pre-Purchase Ride Bands
Ride bands can be pre-purchased online Unlimited Ride Bands this year are only $35. (Available online until Friday 12 May at 5.00 pm).
Collection: Once purchased, bands are available for collections at the Fair from 930am - 12midday at the RIDE BAND COLLECTION POINT outside the Hamilton Office. Please bring your payment receipt. Saturday 13 May.
- Individual Ride Tickets $5 (available for purchase on the day only)
- Unlimited Ride Band $40 (available for purchase on the day only)
- Tickets (both Unlimited Ride Bands and Individual Tickets) will also be available for purchase on the day of the Fair from the Drummond Field or Evandale ticket booths.
Click here to pre-purchase your Ride Bands
Thank you once again for all your help. We hope you all have a wonderful day at the PLC Sydney Open Day and Fair!
Click here to get involved