How You Can Help
Thank you to the many people who have offered their assistance in a variety of ways with the Open Day and Fair. There is still a lot to do in the lead up to the event and there are many ways to get involved:
To make this a great Open Day and Fair, we need donations from our PLC Sydney community:
- The Cake & Treat Stall need your donations and appreciate any cake, slices or biscuits you can offer.
- Cake boxes will be distributed to girls in the Junior School and Senior Students can collect boxes from Mrs Kidd. If you would like to make additional donations, spare cake boxes will be available from the offices at Evandale, Hamilton and Senior School Office.
- Due to allergies in the school community we do ask that donations do not include nuts. All donations should include a list of ingredients on the outside of the cake box.
- We will be offering prizes for the best decorated cakes from Evandale, Hamilton and the Senior School. If you would like to enter your cake in the competition, please write the student’s name and class on the cake box.
- Cakes should be delivered to the Boarders’ Veranda on Friday 11 May prior to the start of school. We will also accept cakes on the day. Cakes that require refrigeration should be delivered on the morning of the Open Day and Fair.
To volunteer your time and baking prowess at the Bake-Off Working Bee on Friday 11 May, please register as a volunteer. Baked goods are needed for a variety of different stalls such as the Easy Oar Café.
To volunteer your time for the Cake Stall Working Bee on Friday 11 May, or to help at the Cake Stall on the day of the Fair, please register as a volunteer. For more information please contact Fiona Walker 0407413444 email@example.com or Marcia Lai 0403 330 210 firstname.lastname@example.org
GIFT BASKET ITEMS
- Collection of donations for our ever popular Gift Basket Stall will commence on Tuesday 1 May.
- To make the gift baskets interesting and enticing, each year group has been allocated a theme. Please note you are not restricted to this theme. Feel free to donate anything you think is suitable.
- We kindly ask that donations are loose items (not made up hampers).
- We cannot accept Easter eggs or alcohol and please ensure all food items have an expiry date of no less than three months.
- Download our suggested Gift Basket Year Group theme ideas.
Collection of donations:
- Evandale and Hamilton - items can be placed in boxes inside/outside each classroom from Tuesday 1 May until Thursday 10 May.
- Senior School - please take items to the Senior School reception from Tuesday 1 May until Thursday 10 May.
- Large items - a special collection point will be at the Roundabout from Monday 7 May.
To find out more about how you can help please contact Stacey Toskas 0412 095 174 email@example.com
HANDMADE CRAFT ITEMS
The Handmade Craft Stall are seeking donations of handmade items for our. Papercraft, pottery, jewellery, knitting, crochet - all handcrafted items will be happily received.
To find out more about how you can help please contact Michelle Ladkins firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Second-hand Stall needs book, CD, DVDs, LPs, video games and board games in good condition. Items will be collected for sale from Tuesday 1 May. Please drop off donations to the Boarders’ Veranda (in boxes).
- The Ski Team are looking for items to sell on the Second-hand Ski and Snowboard Stall. If you have ski equipment or clothing to donate, please contact Mel Johnston email@example.com
- The Second-hand Uniform Shop needs donations for their sale. If you wish to sell clothing on consignment, each item must be securely tagged with a consignment label download here (PDF 125.4KB). Please leave your items with Mrs Mary Tabuatamata at the Glencorse Uniform Store. For more information please contact Photini Christoforou firstname.lastname@example.org
SILENT AUCTION items
- If you are involved in, or have a connection to a business, which may have an exciting silent auction prize then please come forward and let us know. The list of items available for auction is steadily growing but we are looking for more. Find us something interesting and unique, such as access to a sold-out event, behind-the-scenes tours, lessons with a sporting pro or perhaps a weekend away in a holiday home.
- Click here to PLACE YOUR BID
For more information about the Silent Auction, please contact email@example.com
Thank you once again for all your help. We hope you all have a wonderful day at the PLC Sydney Open Day and Fair!