2020 Vietnam Service Learning Tour
This tour is designed to give Year 11 students the opportunity to travel and experience life in a developing country. The tour will give students an insight into Vietnamese culture and provide service learning experiences which will enhance both their personal and academic development.
A key aspect of the tour includes visiting and working in the orphanage we support, The Centre for the Old and Disabled, Ba Vi.
PLC Sydney Year 11 students made their first annual trip to this orphanage in 2012 and since then have taken part in some incredible work. The orphanage is in great need of our assistance. Students will spend quality time with the children and help staff develop future programs of support.
There are also many opportunities to discover the culture of Vietnam passing through Hanoi with side trips to the magnificent Hoi An and Ha Long Bay.
Students will finish off the tour by visiting the confronting War Remnants Museum and Cu Chi tunnels in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), putting their experience at the orphanage into context.
Click here to download the 2020 Vietnam Service Learning Information Booklet.
A Parent/Student Information Evening will be conducted at 6.00 pm - 6.45 pm on Wednesday 7 August, Level 3 of the Macindoe Research Centre for students who are interested in the trip. All Year 10 students and parents are welcome to attend.
- 2020 Term 1 School Holidays: Friday 10 April - Wednesday 22 April 2020
- Approximately $3,995.00 - full price to be confirmed
- Includes flights, visa, accommodation and all food
- Additional costs: Drinks, snacks, shopping, any fare rises
How to apply
1. Expression of Interest
- Applications for the Vietnam Service Learning Tour 2020 will open on Wednesday 7 August. Please click on the link below and complete the form.
- An initial deposit of $600 per person will be required to reserve your place on this Service Learning tour once the Information Evening has been conducted.
Deadline for Registration
- Applications and receipt of the $600 deposit will be required by Wednesday 21 August 2019, for inclusion in the 2020 Vietnam Service Learning Tour.
- Please note that due to the working environment within the orphanage, there is a maximum number of 24 students only permitted on this tour.
- NB: A place is not guaranteed until your application is reviewed and accepted by the College.
Due to overwhelming demand, the Expression of Interest for the 2020 Vietnam Service Learning Tour is now closed.
2. Medical and Tour Consent forms
To complete your applications, all students and their parents/guardians must complete both the:
- Medical Consent Form and
- Tour Consent Form
Please click here to complete your Medical and Tour Consent Forms.
For further information about the tour, please contact:
Ms Isabella Hayek (Educational Support Services Faculty)
M: 9704 5690