Music Tour - Scotland and England 2019
This exciting tour will take students on a musical adventure to Scotland and the UK.
This tour is open to the Pipes and Drums (Year 7-11/ 2019) members only.
The UK Tour will further promote our long term goal to perform at the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. The UK Tour will expand the repertoire and drill components of our marching band program. The tour will also give us the opportunity to further our profile in the wider community, increasing our chances of receiving the much sought after invitation in years to come.
For more detailed information about the itinerary, please download the Proposed Tour Brochure here. TBA. More details to come....
- Day 1 Sydney to Glasgow/Edinburgh
- Day 2 Travel Inverness and the Scottish Highlands
- Day 3 Pipe Band to European Pipe Band Championships to compete. Other performance opportunities in general championship area
- Day 4 Performance in Inverness Visit to Loch Ness
- Day 5 Travel to Mallaig for Steam Train tour – the one used in Harry Potter. Travel to Glasgow
- Day 6 -7 National Piping Centre and Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. These two institutions are linked and close to each other.
The National Pipe centre offers a range of tuition, educational and certification opportunities for the Pipes and Drums.
The Royal Conservatoire offers a range of opportunities for other ensembles including an extensive Jazz stream. Combined the two offer degree opportunities for all instruments including a BA Degree in Traditional World Music.
- Day 8 Tour of RG Hardie & Co. Bagpipe and pipe band supply factory. Opportunity for other performance in Glasgow. Opportunity to meet the Lowland band of the Royal Regiment of Scotland
- Day 9 Highland Gathering/Pipe Band Contest.
- Day 10 Travel to London
- Day 11 Chelsea Barracks Performance
- Day 12 Buckingham Place/Tour of London – Sightseeing
- Day 13 Depart London
- Day 14 Arrive Sydney
NB Please note that due to the nature of the event the timing of the tour cannot be changed.
- Tour cost will be approx $7000 per students
- The final tour cost will be determined by the number of people travelling
Expression of Interest
To register your interest, please fill in the Expression of Interest Form below. Once expressions of interest have been received, we can determine the Ensembles who will be touring, whether the tour will proceed and a deposit be payable.
Deadline for Expressions of Interest: Friday 13 April
There will be a Tour Information meeting for both students and parents, to be held at 6.00pm on Wednesday 13 June in PA 56.
PLEASE NOTE THAT EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST HAVE NOW CLOSED
For further information about the tour, please contact:
Mr Phil Harper
Director of Performing Arts
Coordinator of Bands
M: 0408 782 772