UMAT Preparation Course
PLC Sydney provides the only school-based UMAT preparation course in Australia.
UMAT is developed by the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) on behalf of the UMAT consortium universities. UMAT is used specifically to help with the selection of students into medicine, dentistry and some health science degree programs at undergraduate level.
The test assesses general attributes and skills gained through prior experience and learning, such as critical thinking and problem solving, interactions with others, and abstract non-verbal reasoning. It does not measure academic knowledge.
This UMAT Preparation Course will expose students to the format, practice questions and strategies required for the UMAT Exam later in the year.
The dates for 2017 are as follows:
Monday 10 April and Tuesday 11 April 2017
10.00 am – 4.00 pm on each day
McQueen Seminar Room, PLC Sydney
$695 for PLC Sydney students / $795 for non PLC Sydney students (inclusive of materials)
Outline of the 2017 Holidays UMAT Preparation Course
Day 1 – Monday 10 April 2017
- Overview of the UMAT Exam and the Preparation Course
- Logical Reasoning and Problem Solving activities focusing on tables and graphs
- Logical Reasoning and Problem Solving activities focusing on fact-based texts
- Understanding People – Introduction and an overview of feelings and empathy
- Understanding People – Practice questions
- Non-verbal Reasoning – Introduction and approaches
- 'Continuing the series' questions 'Complete the picture' and
- 'Middle of the sequence after placing in order' questions.
Day 2 – Tuesday 11 April 2017
- Non Verbal Reasoning – Introduction and approaches
- 'Continuing the series' and 'complete the picture' and 'middle of the sequence after placing in order' questions
- Interview techniques – Strategies
- Interview techniques – Individual practise
- Applying to universities – What to look for.
For further information, please contact the PLC Extension Centre or call (+612) 9704 5634.
To enrol, please click here. Registration and Payment due by Friday 31 March 2017.