UMAT Preparation Course
PLC Sydney provides the only school-based UMAT preparation course in Australia.
UMAT is developed by the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) on behalf of the UMAT consortium universities. UMAT (Undergraduate Medical and Health Professions Admission Test) is a three hour test and is one of three criteria (UMAT, high school score and performance at an interview) used by most universities to help with the selection of students into medicine, dentistry and some health science degree programs at undergraduate level.
The test assesses general attributes and skills gained through prior experience and learning, such as critical thinking and problem solving, interactions with others, and abstract non-verbal reasoning. It does not measure academic knowledge.
This UMAT Preparation Course will expose students to the format, practice questions and strategies required for the UMAT Exam later in the year.
Saturday 26 May 2018
9.30 am – 4.00 pm (all day)
Room 20, PLC Sydney
$450 for PLC Sydney students / $550 for non-PLC Sydney students (inclusive of materials)
Outline of the 2018 Holidays UMAT Preparation Course
- Overview of the UMAT Exam and the Preparation Course
- Logical Reasoning and Problem Solving activities focusing on tables and graphs
- Logical Reasoning and Problem Solving activities focusing on fact-based texts
- Understanding People – Introduction and an overview of feelings and empathy
- Understanding People – Practice questions
- Non-verbal Reasoning – Introduction and approaches
- 'Continuing the series' questions 'Complete the picture' and
- 'Middle of the sequence after placing in order' questions.
- Non Verbal Reasoning – Introduction and approaches
- 'Continuing the series' and 'complete the picture' and 'middle of the sequence after placing in order' questions
- Interview techniques – Strategies
- Applying to universities - What to look for.
For further information, please contact the PLC Extension Centre or call (+612) 9704 5634.
To enrol, please click here. Registration and Payment due by date: Monday 21 May 2018.