Ex-Students' Union Scholarship
APPLICATIONS FOR THE Ex-Students' Union SCHOLARSHIP
The PLC Sydney Ex-Students’ Union offers a two-year partial scholarship to the value of $5000 per annum, deducted from the tuition fees, for a girl entering Year 11 at PLC Sydney.
The scholarship will be awarded to a girl with an ex-student family connection (e.g. daughter, granddaughter or niece of an ex-student and not a sibling or cousin), who shows a high level of personal development and confidence in all areas of school life, including contribution to the school. The criteria to be considered equally, after school contribution and ex-student family connection are:
- Music/cultural involvement
- Sporting involvement
- Academic achievement and effort
Criteria for Selection
When considering a girl for this scholarship, her application will be considered in the following order. The student:
- Is entering Year 11 at PLC Sydney either as a continuing student or a new student to the College. The scholarship is tenable for 2 years only.
- Must have an ex-student family connection. Preference will be given to students whose mother, grandmother or Aunt attended the College.
- Shows a high level of contribution and commitment to the school
- Needs to demonstrate that she has been involved and committed in one or more of the following areas:
- The Arts
- Academic achievement and effort (She will be required to attach a copy of her Year 9 final report and Year 10 half yearly report with her application)
NB: If there are no applicants deemed to meet the above criteria, the Ex-Students’ Union reserves the right not to award a scholarship that year.
All applicants meeting the ex-student family connection criteria will be interviewed by members of the scholarship selection panel in Term 3. The scholarship selection panel comprises members of the PLC Sydney Ex-Students’ Union Committee who work in consultation with the Principal.
The successful recipient of the scholarship will be required to attend and participate in various events during the term of the scholarship including Jersey Day and to act as an ambassador of both PLC Sydney and the Ex-Students' Union. They will also be required to submit an article about themselves to the Ex-Students’ Union Magazine.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the 2019 ESU Scholarship, applicants may either complete the hard copy application form below, or apply online. Please submit the form along with all the supporting documentation.
Download the 2019 ESU Scholarship Application Form here.
Hard copy applications should be returned to Mrs Mathews, Personal Assistant to the Principal prior to the due date, Friday 3 August 2018.
CLICK HERE TO ApplY ONLINE for the 2019 ex-students' union SCHOLARSHIP
Should you require any further information please contact:
Mrs Marina Clark (nee Lvoff) Ex-Students’ Union President
T: 0425 200 984