2020 Perry Prize Terms & Conditions
The 2020 Adelaide Perry Prize for Drawing is now open. Before you can commence your online entry, please read the Terms and Conditions of the prize below.
Adelaide Perry Gallery invites artists to submit works for the Adelaide Perry Prize for Drawing 2020, which will be awarded for the best drawing, by an Australian artist, completed within a period of 12 months prior to 8 January, 2020. The Adelaide Perry Prize for Drawing, valued at $25,000.00, is an acquisitive prize. Finalists in the competition are also eligible to be considered for The People’s Choice Award, valued at $2,000.00 (non-acquisitive).
- The Adelaide Perry Prize for Drawing 2020 is $25,000 (acquisitive: the winning drawing will become part of the PLC, Sydney Collection).
- The Adelaide Perry Prize for Drawing (people’s choice) for 2020 is $2,000 (non-acquisitive).
- Entrants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents in Australia.
- Works entered must have been completed within a period of 12 months prior to 8 January 2020.
- Each artist may submit a maximum of TWO entries. Entries must be accompanied by a $50 fee, per entry, to be eligible.
- THE UNFRAMED SIZE OF EACH WORK MUST NOT EXCEED 15,000 SQUARE CENTIMETRES (eg, 1.5m² = 1m x 1.5m).
- Entrants must lodge their entry online and pay the entry fee electronically, via the Adelaide Perry Prize online form at: www.plc.nsw.edu.au/microsites/adelaide-perry-prize-for-drawing/enter-online/perry-prize-online-entry-form Entry forms & a non-refundable $50.00 (GST inc.) handling fee, per entry must be received by 8 January, 2020.
- From the entries the judge will select approximately 40 finalists. The final drawings will be hung at Adelaide Perry Gallery from Friday 28 February, 2020 to Friday 27 March, 2020. These finalists will be notified in writing, from 20 January, 2020 of their selection, and delivery of these drawings, suitably framed for hanging and handling, must reach Adelaide Perry Gallery by Friday 14 February, 2020.
- Though the gallery will exercise all care in handling finalists’ works, it will not be liable for costs incurred by the artist, should loss or damage occur while in its custody. Each competitor is responsible for acquiring his/her own insurance and freight to/from and during the exhibition.
- Finalists shall allow their works to be reproduced in print or electronic media to promote the 2020 exhibition. Winning entrant shall allow their works to be reproduced in print or electronic media to promote the 2021 exhibition
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- The Adelaide Perry Gallery receives 20% commission on all works sold at exhibition.
Download the 2020 Adelaide Perry Prize for Drawing Terms and Conditions here.
To enter online you are required to complete the form below and pay a non-refundable entry fee. This year all artists are required to upload their CV along with their entry. Please also abide by the title restrictions for artwork ie each image should be labelled as follows: lastname_firstname_title.jpg OR lastname_firstname_title_detail.jpg Please use an abridged version for long title names, as the system may reject files where the title is too long.
Please note: Entries close ON MIDNIGHT on Wednesday 8 January 2020
Click here to enter the 2020 Perry Prize