The Homework Club runs on 4 days of the week (Monday to Thursday).
||Nil. This is a learning opportunity provided by the College.
We do however set a maximum number of 27 students in each session
and we restrict each student to a maximum of 2 sessions per week.
||Students from Years 7–10
||The Flight Deck in the Macindoe Research Centre
||Monday to Thursday 3.15 pm to 4.30 pm
Commencing Tuesday 14 July 2015
- Mrs Bruce (PLC Sydney Mathematics staff)
Monday and Wednesday
- Ms Hill (PLC Sydney Teacher/Librarian with skills in English and Humanities) Tuesday and Thursday.
what your daughter will get out of the homework group:
- A quiet, fully supervised area conducive to study
- Assistance with organisational skills and work prioritisation
- Support through generalised homework advice
- Guidance with student research
- Access to resources
- Help with establishing an open dialogue with your daughter’s teachers in cases of subject specific difficulties.
(The student-teacher relationship is seen as paramount. In assisting open communication between your daughter and her teachers, we aim to empower your daughter to take responsibility for her own learning and enable teachers to better respond to individual student needs)
- Camaraderie between students who have a desire to improve their personal academic performance
Terms and conditions
Enrolment in the Homework Club is a firm commitment to attendance and active involvement. It is not a casual undertaking, nor is it an ‘after school care’ service.
- Discontinuation with the Homework Club will require a formal process similar to a request for a change in subjects.
- Re-enrolment will be required at the start of each term. [Online bookings will open at the end of each term]
- Accurate attendance rolls will be taken.
- Parents must notify Ms Dale Anthony, in advance, if a student is unable to attend on a given day.
how to enrol
- Click the link below and enter the PLC Sydney Code: 49EUL and click 'GO'
- Enter your details : your name, email address, emergency contact phone number, the number of students you are booking and their name(s), then click Go
- On the next page, select your daughter’s Year Group and the Session (eg. Monday)
- Repeat for all required sessions. Click Go when complete
- Your bookings will display. Click Finish
- Your bookings will be emailed to you automatically.
If you wish to enrol your daughter in the Homework Club, please click here to register.
If you would like further information about the Homework Club, please contact:
Ms Dale Anthony
Head Teacher Learning and Teaching PK-12
Tel: 9704 5674