Year 7 Drought Relief Bursary – 2019
APPLICATIONS FOR 2019 YEAR 7 DROUGHT RELIEF BOARDING Bursaries ARE NOW OPEN
PLC Sydney has a tradition of offering educational opportunities through financial assistance to rural students and families. In recognition of those in rural NSW who are currently experiencing hardship through drought and other rural challenges, we have created two new Boarding bursaries in 2019 for Year 7 students. We thus welcome applications from eligible students and families.
The Bursary will be awarded to two (2) new applicants in 2019 for Year 7 only (not current PLC Sydney students).
The scholarship is available for up to six years (from Years 7-12) and covers the following in each year:
- Years 7 & 8 - Full boarding covered and 75% of tuition fees (25% of tuition fee to pay)
- Years 9 & 10 - Full boarding and 50% of tuition fee to pay (50% of tuition fee to pay)
- Years 11-12 - Full boarding only (tuition fees payable)
- The bursary does not cover textbooks, uniforms, excursions, technology fees, or individual subject fees
- If a scholarship is offered, written acceptance of the scholarship must be received, accompanied by a completed PLC Sydney Confirmation of Enrolment Form (if the applicant is new to the College), together with payment of the non-refundable Application Fee of $440 and payment of the non-refundable Enrolment Fee of $3,175. These fees however may be paid via instalment, terms and conditions to be arranged with the College.
- Friday 28 September 2018 at midnight - Applications close
- Term 4 2018 - Shortlisted candidates are contacted for an interview
- Term 1 2019 - Recipients of the bursary start school.
Criteria for Selection
To be eligible students need to:
- demonstrate a 'need' based on the current droughts within NSW
- be willing to contribute to the College community and broad goals of PLC Sydney
- Scholarships are open to Australian residents only.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a PLC Sydney Scholarship application form and PLC Sydney Scholarship & Bursary asset form with supporting documentation.
Applicants are considered following an interview with the Principal.
Click here to apply for the 2019 Year 7 Drought Relief Bursary.
For more information regarding the Bursary please contact:
Ms Lynne Emanuel
T: 0408 400 429