The Syria/Iraq Scholarship
PLC Sydney is pleased to announce a special scholarship for a Refugee fleeing the war in Syria and Iraq.
Due to the generosity of members of the PLC Sydney community, a scholarship is being offered to an Assyrian refugee or girl fleeing the conflict in Iraq and Syria, who will enter Year 7 in 2018 and will cover all tuition costs through to the close of schooling in Year 12.
The Syria/Iraq Scholarship is ONLY OPEN to new applicants in Years 7/2018 and not current PLC Sydney students.
Awarded to one international applicant in 2017, for commencement in 2018, the scholarship covers full tuition fees only for up to six (6) years (from Year 7 to Year 12). The scholarship does not covers textbooks, uniforms, excursions, technology fees, individual subject fees and accommodation/boarding fees.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
To be eligible students need to:
- a refugee from Syria or Iraq
- a girl entering Year 7 in 2018
- hard working and curious about life
- above average academic results
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit both a PLC Sydney Scholarship Application Form and PLC Sydney Scholarship & Bursary Asset Form with supporting documentation.
Applicants are considered following an interview with the Principal.
- Friday 26 May 2017 at 4.00 pm - Applications close
- Term 2, 2017 - Shortlisted candidates are contacted for an interview
- Term 1, 2018 - Recipient of the scholarship starts school
For more information regarding the Year 7-12 Refugee Scholarship, please contact
Mrs Sabita Mathews
T: +61 2 9704 5625