Boarding at PLC Sydney
The Boarding House is in the heart of the College, situated in the centre of the Senior School grounds. Since the school’s inception in 1888, boarding has been an integral part of the College community. Of the 39 founding students of PLC Sydney, 21 were boarders. This rich tradition of boarding continues today, with the Boarding House home to 65 girls from a broad range of cultural backgrounds.
Year 7 to 12 girls from the city, country and overseas, board with us on a full-time or weekly basis. Year 12 boarders live in single rooms while all other girls reside in shared rooms.
The College’s location in Sydney’s inner west enables boarders to easily access the city during weekend activities.
The Boarding House is a safe and happy environment that provides students with challenges and opportunities for growth.
Our boarders enjoy a range of facilities:
- Weekend activities – scheduled activities including craft, swimming, sports, cooking and excursions.
- Sport – Boarders are encouraged to fully participate in the life of the College, including becoming involved in our competitive sport offering.
- Tutoring – Boarders have access to private tutors through the Extension Centre on College grounds.
- Technology – All students have access to their own laptop computers and wireless network.
- Diet – The College kitchen prepares a wide range of nutritious meals.
- Health Care – A dedicated College Nursing Sister looks after the health and well-being of our boarders.
Our Boarding House is a place where girls can grow safely into confident, caring and accomplished young women.
To download our 2016 Boarder's Handbook, click here. (PDF 2.2MB)
Tel: (+612) 9704 5614
Mob: 0409 312 989
Fax: (+612) 9704 5696