2015 HSC Highlights
PLC Sydney's HSC Highlights for 2015 include:
Congratulations to Ying Yi Lim who achieved PLC Sydney's highest ATAR at 99.9.
- In 2015, 8.5% of PLC Sydney Year 12 students were ranked in the top 1% of the State
- 58.5% of all Year 12 students were ranked in the top 10% of the State. Well done girls!
first place in the state
Warm congratulations to three PLC Sydney students who have come first in their course in the 2015 HSC. They are:
- Sophia Henning, first in Ancient History
- Celine Garrett, first in Chinese Extension
- Ying Yi Lim, first in Chinese (Heritage Speakers)
To hear Sophia speaking at the 2015 HSC Top Achievers' Presentation, please click here.
TOP ACHIEVERS in course LIST
- A further six students achieved places in the Top Achievers in Course List (placing in the top 20 students in the State in their different subjects). This means a total of nine PLC Sydney students were included on the Top Achievers in Course List.
- Isabella Buchanan: 7th in Ancient History
- Clare Giang: 3rd in Chinese (Extension)
- Esther Kang: 9th in Mathematics (Yr 11 Accelerants)
- Chemonica Niranjan: 5th in Chinese (Continuers) and 5th in Chinese (Extension)
- Nicole Sung: 9th in Mathematics (Yr 11 Accelerants)
- Tien Tran: 9th in Mathematics (Yr 11 Accelerants)
PREMIER’S ALL ROUND ACHIEVERS LIST
- 19 students were recognised on the Premier’s All-Round Achievers List (achieving the highest band possible in at least 10 units)
Congratulations go to: Anais Alonso, Laura Batchelor-Sharp, Isobel Berwick, Despina Bouletos, Isabella Buchanan, Celine Garrett, Angela Guan, Sophia Henning, Lam Yan Li, Ying Yi Lim, Gabriella Lubrano, Jacqueline Meng, Mariana Sakr, Vicki Sideris, Rachael Sung, Stacey Theocharous, Julia Toomey, Shichan Yu and Karen Zhang.
PLC SYDNEY OUTSTANDING OVERALL RESULTS
- Band 6 results (marks over 90) or equivalents in Extension courses were achieved in 45% of all examinations, in all subjects
- Our school mean, per unit, was 44.45 out of 50 (an average HSC mark of 89% gained across all courses).
- 6 students (100%) of English Ext. 2 achieved E4 (the top level)
- 20 students (91%) of English Ext. 1 achieved E4 (the top level)
- All English students achieved a Band 4 or higher, with 93% achieving Band 5 and 6.
- 17 students (86%) of our Year 11 Mathematics accelerants achieved excellent Band 6 results in the 2-unit paper
- In Mathematics, 97% of all Maths students achieved a Band 4 or higher.
HSC SHOWCASES AND EXHIBITIONS
- ARTEXPRESS: Nominated: Jacqueline Meng, Alice Chui, Alexandra Kah, Amy Yu
- Nominated and selected Josie Potter
- OnSTAGE: Nominated: Julia Toomey
- Nominated and selected: Peyton Cole , Jessica Lyons
- SHAPE (Formerly DesignTech): Unjelique Hajjar
- ENCORE: Nominated for Music 2 and Extension Rachael Sung, and Music 1 Peyton Cole
Congratulations to all!