STEMulate our youth’s passion for science
ALL students/staff from Years 9-12 (from any school) are invited to attend PLC Sydney’s Inaugural Science Summit. Meet with some of Australia's top scientists for an afternoon of dynamic discussion, stimulating debate and workshops on the theme 'Being a Human Being'.
Registrations for the Science Summit are now closed.
Our impressive list of speakers include:
- The key note address will be delivered by Chas Licciardello (from The Chaser fame) as he interviews his wife, Dr Jocelyn Laurence, physicist and ex-PLC Sydney student
- Dr Lesley Ashton, Executive Director of Research Operations and Coordination at University of Sydney
- Professor Elaine Sadler, Astrophysicist at the University of Sydney
- Ana Maria Daoud, Electrical Engineer with Cochlear
- Dr Damith Herath, specialist in the field of Robotics, from the University of Canberra
- Dr Jennifer Moss, the Vice President Research and Development Asia Pacific for Arnotts
- Professor Kay Double, Biomedical Scientist from the University of Sydney who researches Parkinson's Disease
- Dr Steve Abbott, from the Heart Research Institute, Sydney
- Dr Alice Williamson, Principal Synthetic Chemist for the Open Source Malaria consortium at the University of Sydney
- Dr Jaz Lawes, Ecologist from UNSW
- Jackson Nexhip, inventor and science student from UNSW
Click here to download the Event Program (PDF 1.2MB)
Scientists, future thinkers, innovators and other interested parties, please join us for what promises to be a lively and highly informed afternoon about Science and the impact it has on our lives in the 21st Century.
Email enquiries to Mrs Hendriks email@example.com
Keep up to date with this event on our facebook page